'Thankful Tree'

Last night, Zach and I hosted our CrossPointe Life Group over for Thanksgiving Dinner. We had a great time eating and spending time with one another. The food was delicious - thanks to each and every one of you who cooked! I have a lot of pictures to show you... but I really wanted to show you what I have named the 'Thankful Tree' - it has become my very favorite thing in my house.


I know, I know... it doesn't look much like a tree but you'll like it too when you read some of the tags on it. Last night it was the centerpiece of the table but today, it changed to be a Fall staple in my home.


Everyone wrote what they are most thankful for on little tags and then hung it up on the tree for everyone to read while eating.


I made the tags based off of a Martha Stewart place card template (you can find it here). The actual assembly of the 'tree' was fairly easy... a vase, some pumpkins and gourds, and a few branches from outside. I love that one of the branches even has a few leaves left on it!

As I walk by - and avoid catching my hair in a branch - I'm reminded of all the things I, and my friends, are thankful for.  Here are a few...







What would you write on your card? How many cards would you need?


It really provides the perspective necessary for 'thanks-living' during Thanksgiving!

xoxo,
Callie

Love these blogs! Linking to:
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia  The DIY Show Off The Girl Creative Keeping It Simple   Photobucket

Comments

  1. Wow, great job! This is really neat and a great idea. If you get a second, I'd love to have you link up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/11/anything-goes-linky-party_17.html. Thanks for sharing! (Cute blog btw; newest follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Callie, wanted to know that I will be featuring your thankful tree that you linked up to Project Queen last week. I love your tree!!!

    Thanks so much for linking up and I hope you will come back. I should have the post up tonight or tomorrow morning.

    Mandy
    www.projectqueen.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment